Through an experience-based curriculum, the Language and Culture Programs (LCP) offer intensive study opportunities where language and culture are intertwined. Through its programs, the LCP aims to:
- Provide students extensive opportunity for immersion in linguistically and culturally rich environments
- Equip students with language skills for effective communication in English academic contexts and Modern Greek speaking environments
- Raise students’ awareness of academic culture and everyday Greek culture
- Design and implement innovative language and culture curricula
The LCP supervises the following programs:
- The English for Academic Purposes Program (EAPP), which provides high quality instruction in academic English to students who need to improve their English language skills to study at Deree–ACG. The program emphasizes effective communication skills and academic community interaction in order for non-native speakers of English to develop the culturally appropriate attitudes and approaches required to participate and thrive in academic programs.
- Heritage Greece, which is a summer Greek language and culture immersion program for Greek-American students sponsored by the National Hellenic Society. ?Through an experienced-based curriculum, participants engage in daily interaction with members of the host community to experience contemporary Greek culture and connect with their Greek heritage.