Fall Term | Classes Start: September 23, 2019
The MA in Advertising Communications is a pioneering program in Greece that meets the growing industry demand for trained professionals in the art, science and practice of advertising. It is an advanced program of study which artfully bridges up-to-date theoretical knowledge with the practical skills required by the industry.
The program adopts a 360?, holistic view of advertising theory and practice, exposing students to the multiple facets of advertising, uniquely balancing its creative and strategic planning sides.
The curriculum structure provides students with a well-rounded, advertising foundation through core courses, while it simultaneously offers participants the flexibility to tailor the program to their individual preferences, diverse academic backgrounds and career aspirations by choosing from a list of electives in two specialization areas: advertising strategy and planning or advertising creativity.
Click here?to download the brochure
Student & Graduate Profile
The MA in Advertising Communications is designed for graduates from all disciplines, as well as communication professionals, who are interested in starting or advancing their career in advertising either from an agency, media or client perspective. Graduates of the program can pursue careers in full-service advertising agencies, specializing in strategic planning, account handling or creative roles; they can also find employment opportunities in media and creative agencies or assume advertising and communication-related roles in communication/marketing departments of large organizations. Employment options include positions in companies specialized in branding & design, production, integrated communications, media and entertainment.
Students must successfully complete 11 graduate-level courses, representing a total of 33 US credits as described in the table below.
- Advertising Theories
- Advertising in Context
- Campaign Strategy & Planning
- Brand Communication
- Creativity & Ideation
- Research Methods in Advertising
- The Practitioner’s Kit: Professional Communication Skills, Presentation Skills & Advertising Bootcamp
Internship in Advertising
Elective Courses (any 3 from the 2 concentrations below)*
Concentration Area 1: Advertising Strategy & Planning
- Media Planning
- Digital Advertising
- Account Handling
Concentration Area 2: Creative Advertising
- Art Direction
- Digital Media Production
- Brand Identity Design
Students may also select one elective from any of the other graduate communication programs upon approval of the graduate program coordinator.
*Electives are offered on a rotating basis during the academic year.
Capstone Project, Thesis or Portfolio
Capstone Project in Advertising
Thesis in Advertising
Portfolio (Art & Copy)
Program Level Competencies
Upon successful completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Explain advertising theories and concepts from the social, ethical, and industry perspectives
- Develop advertising campaign strategies and plans through applying relevant theories and concepts
- Use data and information to solve advertising problems and produce solutions
- Generate novel insights, creative concepts and ideas for advertising theory or practice
- Design and conduct appropriate research for advertising
- Evaluate the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Communicate effectively in oral and in writing
- Demonstrate effective client service skills
Click here?to download the learning outcomes
Flexible Study & Course Duration
The program may be completed in one year (full-time) or up to three years (part-time). Classes run Monday to Thursday. Only for Fall Term 2019 classes will run from 18:00-21:00; ?from Winter 2020 onwards, classes will run from 18:30-21:30. Fridays are reserved for make-up classes and other academic activities, such as master classes, workshops, lectures, talks, etc. New students are admitted at the start of the fall, winter and spring terms. Students that elect the Practitioner’s Toolkit are also expected to attend one all-day workshop on a Saturday (Spring Term). Completing the program in one year is possible only for students who begin their studies in the fall term.
Career Services & Placement Opportunities
Deree graduate students receive support from the Office of Career Services, which help them connect with the 50,000 ACG alumni around the globe, expand their professional network, and gain access to various job positions.?Our graduate students and alumni may also benefit from the Alba Graduate Business School Services, including career coaching, participation in career events and workshops, participation in the Alba annual career forum, one-to-one career advice sessions, and a direct mail list for job posts and career advice.
Admission to Program
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Competence to undertake graduate work: A college or university degree from an accredited institution
- Evidence of proficiency in the English language: TOEFL, IELTS, Proficiency, or GCE.
- Motivation and/or relevant experience to specialize in this area: Evidence of strong motivation to work in advertising related areas will be sought in the interview and the personal statement submitted with the application form.
Tuition & Scholarships
Deree strives to provide opportunities to students regardless of their ability to finance their education. For this reason, we offer scholarships to all applicants who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance. A discount policy is also available for organizations and ACG alumni.
Why pursue an MA in Advertising Communications at Deree
- Explore your creative, communication and management skills in a number of hands-on workshops, training exercises and simulations which bridge theory and practice, undertaking a variety of roles, including strategic planner, art director, copywriter, media planner and account handler.
- Obtain an advanced theoretical foundation in advertising communications and master the dynamics governing the marketplace, regarding both consumer and brand behaviors.
- Participate in the development, execution and evaluation of advertising campaigns for diverse platforms, including broadcast, print, outdoor and digital media.
- Design and conduct research, with the purpose of generating unique insights and strong creative ideas, to produce messages that can resonate across a variety of media.
- Accelerate your career in the fascinating and challenging world of advertising agencies, through opportunities to participate in internships and workshops, organized in collaboration with leading advertising and branding firms.
- Develop the necessary professional and interpersonal skills that will allow you to manage and communicate impactfully with teams, clients and partner agencies.
Contact our Office of Admissions
Tel.: +30 210 600 2208
E-mail: [email protected]